“There are many rules of good writing, but the best way to find them is to be a good
- Stephen Ambrose
I usually come across writers saying they read books from the genre that they write. They read a lot of it. A lot before entering the concrete jungle of New York to sell one of their own.
Many of us love to indulge in reading work by other novelists and somehow the experience of the reading reflects in the light of our own writing.
On that note, I’d like to share with you my “To-read fiction list” for this year. It’s got some new ones and some repeats from last year’s books. The list is in no particular order and is bound to grow in the coming months.
1. The Toss of a Lemon – By Padma Viswanathan
2. Esperanza Rising – By Pam Munoz Ryan
3. Tell Me a Secret – By Holly Cupala
4. What I saw and how I lied – By Judy Blundell
5. Leaving India – By Minal Hajratwala
6. Something Like Hope – By Shawn Goodman
You also don’t wanna miss this video that I came across at the presurfers. It is an interesting robotic gadget to inspire reading in a technically savvy world.
Do you have any good books or gadgets to share ?